Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Little Lucky Latin

This little guy is the same height & weight as my girly Grey, Venus, and she is always one of the smaller females at Greyhound gatherings. Little Lucky is...

Lucky: Uh-hum!
Laura: Yes, Lucky.
Lucky: I don't want to be Little Lucky or the little guy.
Laura: So what term would you prefer?
Lucky: How about pocket rocket?
Laura: Well okay, Lucky, if this is really the image you are going for.



Lucky: Hmmm... maybe I will change that to a compact speedster.


Laura: Yes, I think that's better. You are speedy. When you aren't sleeping that is. Can I get back to telling folks about you.
Lucky: [Yawn] Sure. I'll be over here on my bed.

Lucky is a such a nice dog and we are happy to have him as a guest. He is the sensitive sort so he asks that his adoptive family try to use positive, reward based training rather than corrections. He seems to have a good measure of self confidence. Confidence is a great thing to have when the world outside of racing is still all so new and strange. It does help him though if you also give him just a moment to check new things out. Lucky has the famous Greyhound curiosity about everything, perhaps even more than most. That sort of thing could lead a guy into trouble though so at this point he is still in a crate or xpen when we are not able to supervise him.

He gets along very well with his canine roommates, Venus the Greyhound and Stellaluna the Deerhound. Shhh... don't tell Mr. Sensitive Little-guy but Stellaluna dwarfs him. He is a friendly hound but not pushy or demanding. He's an endearing lit...

Lucky: Uh-hum!!
Laura: Um... I was just going to tell them that you are... well... a very endearing speedster. That's all.
Lucky: Well, okay. It's true. I try to be endearing. But since when did speedster start with L-I-T ?
Laura: [hangs head] Sorry, buddy. I'll try to remember.

0 comments: